Next time facing the temptation of the sushi roll, just know this: sushi rice is commonly prepared using rice vinegar, sugar, and sake(rice wine). Basically, eating sushi means putting your body under the unnecessary stresses of acetic acid(in vinegar) and refined sugars.
Raw, living food is always the way to go if you want to feel at your peak, tip top, and fully thriving. If you’ve been struggling with leaving sushi in the dust, try Dan “The Life Regenerator” McDonald‘s raw sushi.
Raw Vegan Sushi with Orange Miso Sauce
Sushi Roll Ingredients:
- Nori Wrap
- Jicama or Daikon Radish(for spicier version)
- Veggies: Use Dan’s choices or combine your own! Don’t be shy 😉
- Green Onion
- Pea Shoots
- Green, red or orange pepper
- Any green sprouts
Orange Miso Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tsp chick pea miso
- 1 Orange
1) Shred Jicama to make “rice” and place in cheesecloth to squeeze out excess moisture
2) Slice veggies into small sticks
3) Layer up the Jicama “rice” and veggies onto shiny side of nori wrap
4) Sushi roll! Roll up the sushi, wet outside edge of nori so that it all sticks together.
Orange Miso Sauce:
1) Juice the orange
2) Add miso and mix until juice and miso are incorporated
★In this video, Dan is preparing the sushi to take to a dinner date to avoid temptation of cooked food. Always a good idea. Switch up your salads with this raw vegan sushi! Enjoy!★
Photo Cred: thequeenstable.blogspot.com
|Andrea Birkhofer is currently working towards both an associates degree and becoming a certified holistic nutritionist, while living in Northern Michigan. She aspires to help others become more aware of the beautiful life we’ve been given, so they might see the importance of fueling it with real, vibrant nutrients. Living a life of appreciation, Andrea is passionate about movement, exploring, all things natural, and most of all, people..
Know more about Andrea here.